Monday, January 9, 2017

One Word for Week One

SORE!!! Being sore has never felt so good! I love being sore because it tells me I am working muscles and becoming more healthy. I was able to go to Jazzercise 3 times this week. They have some really fun and killer arm routines. One great arm routine is to Train's "Play That Song". I love it and find myself doing it while I am in the car-without weights of course ;) Lifting is much more enjoyable when I can sing and jam out while working out. It was so great being back to Jazzercise. I think that the West Jordan Jazzercise is the best! Everyone is so welcoming and nice. It was great being back, dancing, and lifting weights. I also was able to meet my other short term physical goal and did not have any fast food. This was not even a temptation for me. I think mostly because I am currently off track and I have so many more healthy and yummy options at home. So YAY! for meeting my physical goals this week!

Now lets get to my mental goals... I'm trying to read 300 books this year. In order to do that I need to read 25 a month. I think I'm off to a good start so far. Drumroll please...... This week I've read...... (any guesses?)..... 8 books! I can't tell you how I fit it all in. I read any chance I have. I have a Kindle and the KindleApp on my iPhone so I am constantly reading! You can see all the books I've read on Goodreads but my top two this week were:




"Undeniably You" by Jewel E. Ann (382 pages). I nearly threw my Kindle at my wall at 1:30 in the morning because chapter 15. If you read it and get there, text me when you flip out k? I had to email an author I met on FB because she recommended the book and I NEEDED to talk about it. Don't worry, all is well now but I did stay up to an insane hour because I needed to finish it. 





My second favorite book I read this week would have to be "Sidebarred" by Emma Chase (101 pages). Now this is a novella which means it is a shorter book. It comes after the third book in the series and is like a longer epilogue to see what is going on with the characters. I loved the Legal Briefs series so I was very excited to read this book. 



So I can say that I am for sure well on my way to reaching my reading goal. Some of my favorite series are coming out with new books so I will be re-reading a lot of books to catch back up with what happened. Again, if you want suggestions, check out my Goodreads (@booksragirlsbf)



For my spiritual goal of doing yoga, I was able to do yoga at my house twice this week. I downloaded the free app, "Asana Rebel". You can purchase a coach with it if you want but I think there are plenty of free how to videos in the app and on Youtube. So for now I'm sticking with doing yoga at home. I also need to say how wrong I was about yoga. People make it look so easy (and hopefully I will get to that point). It is a great workout mentally, physically, and spiritually. You have to keep your mind open and clear while going through each pose. I'm excited I have started doing yoga. I think it is something I am going to really love.

Finally, for my emotional goal I was able to have a lot of alone time with my four year old. I am currently off track so every time that my little baby took a nap, Maggie and I were able to spend a lot time together. It's going to be hard going back to teaching in a week but I know it's such a good thing for Maggie to have her own activities without me.

I would have to say week one was a success! I am so excited about this journey. Good luck and congrats to everyone out there setting goals and doing amazing work! Be proud of what you have accomplished!!!

Xo ~Megan




No comments:

Post a Comment