Monday, January 2, 2017

GOALS!

Having goals is what helps us stay on track for what we want out of life. So I have decided to make goals to become more healthy physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I will have one longterm goal for the year but then I will also have monthly short term goals. I will keep track and check in at the end of each month to see how I'm doing in achieving the goals I have set. This is a learning process for me so I'm starting small and will adjust accordingly. 

I think that short term goals are so important. That way you can have little celebrations on your way to making your overall long term goal. I also need to keep reminding myself to follow the great advice of Michael Scott told by Dwight:

So many times with a new year I think, "Okay I'm cutting all sugar, carbs, fats, gluten, and dairy! So all things, I'm going to cut all things and just eat carrots and celery all day everyday!". What on earth made me think that this is first of all: practical and second: healthy? It's not! So I'm going to start small and build on these habits I'm setting in place.  


Physical Goals: 

LONG TERM: I want to be a size 6 at the end of 2017.

SHORT TERM: 

           January: I will not eat fried fast food for the entire month! I also will go to Jazzercise at least 3 times a week.


Mental Goals: 

LONG TERM: I want to read 300 books at the end of 2017 (this just makes my heart happy!)

SHORT TERM: 

           January: I will read and rate on Goodreads 25 books this month!



Emotional Goals: 

LONG TERM: I want to be a more compassionate wife, mother, teacher, friend, and person at the end of 2017.

SHORT TERM: 

           January: Each week I will send one text or write one note to my husband about things I am grateful for that he does for me. Each week I will spend at least 15 minutes of alone time with Maggie doing something SHE wants without baby sis around. 



Spiritual Goals: 

LONG TERM: I want to be more in-tune with myself through yoga and meditation at the end of 2017.

SHORT TERM: 

           January: I will practice yoga for 30 minutes at least twice a week.





What is a long term or short term goal you have? Comment below.

XO ~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment